- This event has passed.
The Future of Blue Technology, held in partnership with Mystic Seaport Museum
September 28 @ 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Join Mystic Seaport Museum and Blue Venture Forum on September 28th for a special program, The Future of Blue Technology. This new collaboration will highlight experts in the rapidly growing arena of blue technology, offering insights into sustainable economic growth opportunities in our region.
The program includes a panel discussion, flash-talks, on-the-water demonstrations on the Mystic River, and a networking reception. Leadership from New England based incubators, investors, and founders will discuss the future of blue technology and blue economy, including SAAB, GreenWave, Thayer Mahan, SeaTrac, JAIA, and others.
There are many reasons to believe the ocean is the next economic frontier. Innovation and investment are two sides of the coin that is galvanizing economic activity in the ocean. To help meet the growing global demand for more energy, greater efficiency, resilient supply chains, and other expanded commercial opportunities, the future of the blue economy is crucial.
The need to better understand our oceans, so that we can more effectively manage, protect, and use ocean resources is driving a new wave of BlueTech startups. These startups are developing innovative new products, methodologies, and systems for commercial, governmental, and defense customers. Join us for a fascinating evening!
4:30-4:45PM Opening Remarks – in the Gallery , currently on exhibit: Oceanus: Alexis Rockman – Mystic Seaport Museum
- Tobias Stapleton, Director, Blue Venture Forum
- Christina Brophy, Senior Director of Museum Galleries and Senior Vice President of Curatorial Affairs, Mystic Seaport Museum
4:45PM-5:30PM Panel Discussion, The Future of Blue Technology
Moderator: Ted Janulis, Founder & Principal, Investible Oceans
- Leslie-Ann McGee, Director, Special Projects, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI)
- Kendall Barbery, Director of Partnerships and Program Development, Greenwave
- Fletcher Blackmon, Director of Strategic Positioning, Autonomous & Undersea Systems, SAAB, Inc.
- Janna Chernetz, Senior Director, Global Government Affairs, Amogy
5:30PM-6:15PM The Next Generation of Blue Technologies, a discussion & Demonstration
Facilitator: Tobias Stapleton, Director, Blue Venture Forum
- Dr. Kevin Lopes, Director of Business Outreach and Strategy, ThayerMahan
- Allesandra Bianchi, Communications Director, Seatrac
- Deedee Chatham, Business Development, Jaia Robotics
- Kelly Echols, Founder, LeVanta Tech
6:15PM -7:00PM Reception & Networking